FortBonifacioRent - Blog & City Guides
With the increasing demand for nicely modern and contemporary furnished condo here in The Fort, some owners are now putting extra efforts (and money) in interior designing their units for rent.Modern and Contemporary actually represent two different concepts; with the first one being a well defined style that follows the elements of Modernism art movement, and the second term simply referring to the ongoing predominant style of furnishing apartments.
Today’s Contemporary style includes in fact, a lot of elements taken from the Modern style (as opposed for instance to what was considered Contemporary in the ’70s and in the ’80s); allowing the two terms to be easily mentioned one for the other one.
For the purists, here are the rules and principles to follow if you wish to adhere to the two furnishing styles:
- Clean Interiors
- Lack of accents, carvings and decorations
- Neutral colors with predominance of white
- Use of straight lines in furniture pieces, with often intentional asymmetrical arrangment
- Use of solid colors with the absence of intricate motif or weft
- Inclusions of most of the Modern concepts but with the addition of:
- Smooth transition between different areas of the apartment, kitchen, dining, living
- Addition of some decorative elements like vertical slim vases
- Brighter or multiple colors, still inside the same palette
- Additional research for comfort, especially for couches and beds
Most of the apartments for rent, are actually not completely furnished in a determined style in each and all of their elements; basically for two main reasons: 1) The developer may have turned over the unit already with bathroom white goods, and kitchen fixtures (tiles, fitted cabinets), which would be a waste to trash them never being used, and 2) the necessity to stay within a certain budget.
Here are 7 examples of owners who did a good job in setting up their units for rent with an overall contemporary and modern feeling:
If you wish to inquire about those apartments for rent, contact us filling the form below. If you are a unit owner with a unit for rent in BGC, contact us here