Fort Bonifacio daily needs: Supermarket, banks, restaurants, schools area
The two ‘outer edges’ of Bonifacio Global City have the largest supermarkets in the area.
Right beside the sprawling St. Luke’s Medical Complex is the large wholesale and warehouse supermarket S&R (corner 5th Ave and 32nd St). This supermarket is accessible to members-only and features some of the best imported and local food and necessities. Not to worry about the membership; signing up is quick and easy and immediately allows one to access the huge supermarket!
On the other side of Bonifacio Global City is Market! Market! (29th St, corner McKinley Parkway). This particular supermarket combines a shopping mall experience with an open and traditional market/bazaar model and offers plenty of local and native selections.
Price-wise, Market is more affordable than S&R, while in terms of overseas-sourced products S&R has more of them.
A nice addition is the deli food shop Santis (30th St, corner 6th Ave), where upscale brands, cold cuts and cheese directly imported from Italy & Europe (with Prosciutto and Mortadella being our favorites) can be found.
The latest supermarket that opened in The Fort is SM Aura just next to Market! Market!
Banks and Finance
There are plenty of banks and automated teller machines (ATM) all around Bonifacio Global City, so many that in fact, you will never need to worry about going more than a block before having access to one.
The most common ATMs at Bonifacio Global City are:
- Banco de Oro (BDO)
- Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI)
- China Bank
There are also plenty more other banks with their own ATMs along avenues and streets of Bonifacio Global City.
Many of these ATMs have a guard or two hanging about the vicinity so it’s perfectly safe to make cash withdrawal even late at night. Some ATMs also accept bills payment, this could be a useful timesaver if your amenities accept ATM payments!
There are five major ‘food districts’ at Bonifacio Global City, each one having their own signature restaurants and other dining establishments for whatever you may fancy.
- Bonifacio High Street (BHS) – home of medium- to high-end family- and pet-friendly restaurants (29th St, all the way from 7th to 11th Ave);
- Bonifacio High Street Central (BHS Central) – for high-end dining (29th St at 6th Ave);
- Burgos Circle – side of Bellagio and Forbeswood Heights – Plenty of bars, pubs, as well as great restaurants (29th St at 2nd Ave);
- Serendra Plaza – Just in between the Serendra Residential complex – home of medium- to high-end restaurants with plenty of al-fresco dining areas (29th St, after 11th Ave);
- The Fort Strip – casual and upscale dining (full block starting at the corner between 5th Ave and 28th St)
- Forum – More restaurants and bars located near Seibu Tower
More restaurants are now starting to be virtually found anywhere in The Fort, especially in the already developed area between 1st and 3rd Avenue, where is not unusual to find affordable and expensive restaurants being next to each other. Just take a look at the menu usually posted outside to have a glimpse of what to expect in terms of price and services.
Of course, fast food places are also plentiful around the area, for those who wish to grab a bite while on the go.
Many restaurants will also offer delivery services.
Schools and Education
Bonifacio Global City prides itself as ‘the home of passionate minds’. It is therefore fitting that several of the most prestigious private schools in Manila are also located here, giving quality and international-level education to young, passionate minds.
- International School Manila
- The British School Manila
- Chinese International School
- Enderun Colleges
- Korean International School
- Manila Japanese School
Living in the best and greenest city in the country is so much easier when you know that all of your daily needs are taken care of! Live at the home of passionate minds and check out your future condominium here at Bonifacio Global City, never more than a block away from the best the city has to offer: Studio & 1BR – 2BR or bigger ones