How to reach Fort Bonifacio Global City2 min read
Getting to BGC From the Airport
Take a yellow metered airport taxi, located just outside the main exit.
- Yellow taxi flag-down rate: PHP 70.00
- Every metered distance: PHP 7.00
- Approximate cost from NAIA to BGC: PHP 400.00
- Approximate time: 20 minutes (no traffic); 45 minutes (rush hour)
Ask the taxi driver to use C5 route, especially during day time of weekdays.
Getting a taxi is still today the best way to get to BGC from the airport. It’s faster, more comfortable, and immediately available. Just always remember to lock your doors once inside, and never settle for ‘contract payment’ – refuse taxis that don’t want to use the meter!
A quick 10-15 minutes’ walk from the Ayala Center takes you to EDSA, one of the main arteries of Metro Manila. Simply cross using the flyover which goes through the Metro Rail Transit (MRT3) Ayala Station. Once across, you have several options:
– Take The Fort Bus.
- The bus has two routes; East Route (which passes by Burgos Circle at BGC and ends in Market! Market! Shopping center) and the West Route (which brings you near to High Street and the Fort Entertainment Center, i.e. Fort Strip).
- The bus, regardless of your route and stop, is at a flat rate of PHP 12.00, making it the most economical choice of getting around.
- Approximate time: 15 minutes
– Ride on a motorcycle.
- The motorcycles parked at the bottom of the flyover will bring you anywhere in BGC and even until McKinley Hills. Helmets are provided, and these are relatively safe.
- This is the fastest way to get anywhere in and around Fort Bonifacio beating the McKinley Hill traffic at rush hour.
- Take the MRT 3 Ortigas Station train southbound towards Makati and get off at MRT 3 Ayala Station. The ticket is PHP 12.00, but for increased savings and if you are to make this trip often, get a Stored Value prepaid card which has PHP 100.00 pre-loaded into it.
- Approximate time: 10-15 minutes to get to Ayala Station
- All the options previously for getting to BGC from Makati CBD now applies!
Always be vigilant in the train; as much as possible, keep all your valuables in very secure compartments/pockets and be ready for a classic city squeeze once inside!