Parks, Outdoor Running and Fitness in Fort Bonifacio
Parks and Green Spaces
There are two main activity parks flanking BGC’s main artery, Bonifacio High Street.
- Terra (28th St and 7thAve)
- Great for family activities as much of the park is either soft grass of covered in rubberized tiles.
- Features traditional Filipino ‘street games’ such as the local version of hopscotch, and ‘tag’ (Patintero).
- Also features a jogging track.
- Track (30th St and 7thAve)
- For the sporty and athletic types!
- Features a jogging track with differing elevations to challenge anyone from any level of fitness.
- Various strengthening and conditioning facilities are seamlessly integrated into the park.
Outdoor Next Door
There are also two great activity centers for those who like outdoor sports more.
- Turf at BGC
- The artificial-turf football field at Turf is home to both casual and professional football players from all around Manila.
- The Philippine national team, the Azkals, occasionally train here!
- Power Up Wall at ROX
- A 40-foot bouldering wall which caters to climbers of all levels, from beginners to free-climbing professionals.
- Located inside one of the biggest recreational buildings at Bonifacio Global City, the Recreational Outdoor Exchange (ROX) building.
Sundays are Run Days
On virtually every Sunday of the calendar year, Bonifacio Global City hosts at least one run, from short fun runs to long-distance road races. The running community of BGC is quite large, as the city is a very popular training venue for runners due to the clean air, wide roads, and organized traffic. To cater to this large running community, there are three main facilities at Bonifacio Global City.
- RUNNR Bonifacio High Street
- Features gait analysis technology and official distributor of specialty running shoes and apparel such as Newton and Brooks.
- The brainchild of celebrated Filipino running coach and celebrity athlete Rio dela Cruz and distributor of some of the best Nike, Asics, and Adidas running gear.
- True to its outdoor nature, it distributes plenty of trail and outdoor running gear and equipment, from The North Face to Columbia to Salomon, as well as triathlon gear.
With so many opportunities to live a fit and active lifestyle, Bonifacio Global City is the perfect place to live, play, and raise a family. Never worry about missing a gym session (there are also fitness centers at BGC) as healthy living is available once you step outside your door!
Check out your potential future home here: