Where is Fort Bonifacio Global City Located2 min read
When the base was turned back to the Philippine Government, there was a big opportunity to develop from scratch a huge parcel of land, located in the middle of the city, and near the established business district of Makati.
This opportunity was turned into reality with a masterplan that resulted in most advanced and most liveable city of Manila, now commonly referred as “The Fort”.
To help you feel at home in Fort Bonifacio, we started this city-guide, organized into single posts that you can browse in our Fort Blog.
Exact Location of Fort Bonifacio Global City
BGC straddles two cities in Metro Manila, namely the business center of Makati, and the relatively quiet Taguig. It is roughly one mile (or one-and-a-half kilometers) away from Makati, and literally the neighbor of the city of Taguig.
To give a sense of place with popular places in Manila, BGC is:
– about 7-8km east of Manila Bay and the SM Mall of Asia;
– about 1km east of the heart of the Makati CBD (Central Business District);
– about 2-3km southeast of Mandaluyong City (home of the Greenhills shopping center);
– about 3-4km southwest of Pasig City;
– and about 4-5km south of the Ortigas business district.
Due to and because of this virtually centric position, BGC is starting to be considered by all means, the new center of Manila.
Its proximity to Makati via two main roads is truly what makes BGC’s location special. It’s a fair distance from the pollution and people-congestion of Makati and thus a great place to live in. BGC is accessible via one of Manila’s main ‘veins’, EDSA, or via a flyover which goes through the heart of Makati at Kalayaan Avenue. In fact, due to its location and relative ease of access; you have the best of both worlds:
– Work in either Makati or BGC, the premier business districts of Metro Manila.
– Live in BGC, the cleanest and safest private urban environment in the Philippines.
Browse for more of our City-Guide, or take a look at what the city can offer for Apartments For Rent